Almond Sweet Rolls – Almond is one of my favorite flavors. Almond croissants, scones, frosting, and extract are all made with almonds. I can’t get enough of it.
These Almond Sweet Rolls elevate my addiction to new heights. It’s like biting into an almond croissant…in sweet roll dough!
ALMOND CREAM CHEESE GLAZE Ingredients
6 ounces (170 gram) softened cream cheese
1/4 cup (30 g) confectioner’s sugar
1 tbsp. (15 g) whole milk
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp almond extract
1. In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese for 1 minute, or until smooth. Beat in the confectioners’ sugar and the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- To keep your corners sharp, pre-shape the dough into a rectangle and then roll it out into a larger rectangle, rolling from the center to the corners. Examine the dough with your hands and eyes for even thickness. Check your measurements with a ruler.
- To remove excess air from the dough, punch it down. Allow it to stand for 5 minutes to allow the gluten to relax. These steps make shaping and rolling out easier.
- Allow enough space for the rolls to proof when placing them on the pan. You don’t want them to double in size here; instead, you want them to puff up about 66% to 75%. To ensure proper proofing, perform the finger dent test in an inconspicuous location.
MORE DELICIOIUS RECIPES HERE:
- 3 tablespoons (42 grams) softened unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (50 g)
- Bob's Red Mill SuperFine Natural Almond Flour (64 g)
- 1 large (50 gram) separated egg
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Organic All-Purpose Flour (31 g)
- 1 tbsp (6 g) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- All-Purpose Dough
- 1 tbsp (15 g) whole milk
- Glazed with Almond Cream Cheese
1. Heat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a rimmed quarter baking sheet (13x9-inch) with parchment paper. Coat the sides with cooking spray.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute. Mix in the almond flour until well combined. Mix in the egg white and almond extract on low speed until combined. Mix in the flour, cinnamon, and salt.
Keep the almond cream in the refrigerator until ready to use.
3. Punch Do-It-All Dough down and set aside for 5 minutes. Roll the dough into an 18x11-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread almond cream onto dough with a small offset spatula, leaving a 12-inch border on one long side.
Roll up the dough jelly roll style, beginning with the opposite long side. If necessary, gently shape the log to 18 inches long and an even thickness. Cut the log into 12 slices (about 112 inches thick) with a serrated knife dipped in flour, trimming the ends if necessary.
Tuck the ends of the rolls under and place them, tucked end down, on the prepared pan, leaving an even space between them. Allow to rise in a warm, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) for 20 to 30 minutes, or until puffed.
4. In a small mixing bowl, combine the egg yolk and milk. Egg wash the tops and sides of the rolls.
5. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, or until golden brown and an instant read thermometer inserted in the center registers 190°F (88°C). Allow for a 5-minute cooling period. Warm rolls should be slathered with Almond Cream Cheese Glaze. Warm or at room temperature, serve.