Buffalo Chicken Dip instructions:
- Combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, and cheddar cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Transfer everything to a lightly oiled baking dish, cover with extra cheese, and bake until everything is hot and bubbling and the cheese has melted.
- Corn chips, crackers, and toasted baguette pieces are among my favorite dippers.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients:
The foundation of this chicken wing dip is soft, juicy chicken bits! You may use cooked chicken leftovers or prepare simple poached chicken. You may also use canned chicken in a pinch if you don’t have access to rotisserie chicken.
- THE CHEESES
The basis of this dish, like other dips, is melted cream cheese. Scooping is made easier with a cup of sour cream, while cheesy taste comes from cheddar and mozzarella. If you like it, a little blue cheese can be added!
The tastes of green onion and garlic powder (instead of white onion and fresh garlic) are softer and combine beautifully in this dish. Taco seasoning or ranch seasoning mix are great additions!
Buffalo Chicken Dip: A Step-by-Step Guide:
Everyone likes Buffalo Chicken Dip because it’s quick and easy to make.
- MIX – Combine cream cheese, hot sauce, sour cream, and spices in a mixing bowl.
- STIR – Add the chicken and cheese and stir to combine.
- BAKE – Top with more cheese and bake until bubbling.
Most Commonly Asked Questions:
Is it okay if I use blue cheese?
Yes, indeed! You may either cut the cheese in half (113 grams) or leave it out altogether and replace it with 12 cup blue cheese crumbles. I still like to add 13 cup (55g) of cheddar to mine, but that’s just a personal taste.
Is it okay if I use canned chicken?
Instead of the shredded chicken in the recipe, you may use one 10 ounce can of well-drained chunk chicken (I still recommend shredding the chicken from the can). Although I prefer fresh chicken, because this dish was created with canned chicken, I felt it was only fair to provide this advice!
Is it possible to prepare this ahead of time?
This dip may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Always keep it in an airtight container!
How long can it be left outside?
It’s best not to leave Buffalo Chicken Dip out at room temperature for more than two hours. It will stay longer if you can keep it warm (for example, in a slow cooker on the “warm” setting).
- You may make the dip up to 48 hours ahead of time and bake it right before your guests arrive.
- You’ll need to add a few minutes to the cook time if the dip is prepared ahead of time.
- If preferred, 1/2 cup ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing can be substituted for the sour cream.
- Are you in a hurry? Instead of using the oven, all of the ingredients are melted on the stovetop. Stir in the chicken, then top with cheese and bake under the broiler.
- This dip is simple to prepare in a Crock Pot. I use a little 2 quart slow cooker (which costs less than $10)! Cook for 3 hours on low, stirring regularly, then set to warm.
Serving Suggestions for Buffalo Chicken Dip:
Buffalo chicken dip goes well with vegetables, crackers, and toast. Celery and carrots (low-carb!) or tortilla chips are two of our favorites. This is the “BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip ever,” according to my daughter, and your guests will agree!