- Place aside your flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing cup.
- In a separate dish, combine the melted butter and all sugars.
- This combination can be whisked until it is fully mixed.
- After that, apply the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Blend this mixture some more before it is fully mixed.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until just mixed.
- Fold in your M&Ms until they are evenly distributed.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, until set and golden, in a sprayed pan topped with extra M&M’s.
When it comes to blondies, here are few helpful hints!
- The trick to flawless blondies is not overbaking or under baking them. When you shake the pan, the sides of the blondies will be visible baked through and golden-colored, and the middle will be fixed and not wiggly. When squeezed, the surface feels fragile but does not spring up.
- You may also do the toothpick test, which involves placing and testing a toothpick. A few leftover crumbs can stick to the tester, but not a perfect smear of raw batter, which would result in a raw blondie middle.
- Remember that the blondies will continue to bake until you remove them from the oven, so don’t overcook them. They’ll get rough and crumbly, and if your tester comes out with no crumbs, you’ve cooked them too long.
HOW TO KEEP M&M BLONDIES SAFE:
Place these M&M Blondies in an airtight package, such as a zip top bag or Tupperware jar, at room temperature for around 3 days.
They’ll last in the refrigerator for about a week or a little longer if kept the same way.
Yes, these can be frozen. Bake according to package instructions and cool thoroughly before cutting into bars. We prefer to stack ours in a tub lined with parchment paper and freeze for up to 3 months. Simply take as much as you like out of the freezer and defrost at room temperature or gently reheat in the microwave before eating.
MORE DELICIOIUS RECIPES HERE:
- 1 stick salted butter, 1/2 cup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- a single big egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a cup and a quarter of all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 teaspoon powdered baking soda
- salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- 2/3 cup M&M pretzels
In a medium saucepan over medium pressure, melt the butter. Constantly stir. When the butter starts to tan, remove it from the heat immediately (about 6 minutes). In a big mixing tub, pour the browned sugar. Brown sugar should be added at this stage. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature before using.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius). Cooking spray an 8-inch square baking pan.
Add the egg and vanilla extract to the cooled butter/sugar mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the pretzel M&Ms and mix well.
Bake for around 25 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned, in the prepared baking pan. Allow for at least 1 hour of cooling time before cutting into squares. Keep for up to 10 days in an airtight bag.
Light Brown Sugar Substitution: a mixture of 3/4 cup dark brown sugar and 3/4 cup white sugar.
Baking in a glass or ceramic pan can require an additional 3-5 minutes of baking time.
Tips for Planning Ahead - Blondies can be held for up to 5 days in an airtight bag. Make sure they're fully cool until freezing, then slice and freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know what you thought! Leave a rating below in the comments and let me know how you liked the recipe.I love getting a feedback on how you went with my recipes! Tag me on Instagram at @SaltedCaramelgGirl_