Creamy Shrimp Pasta- is the perfect recipe for busy weekends. It Features creamy Cheddar sauce, Fresh Parsley, tomatoes, Paprika and red pepper flakes for some kick to the recipe. Garlic Shrimp Alfredo Pasta is a quick and easy dinner that takes only 35 minutes to prepare! This creamy white cheese Italian pasta sauce is made with a four-cheese blend of Mozzarella, White Cheddar, Provolone, and Asiago cheeses.
Creamy Shrimp Pasta With Cheddar Cheese:
I used small cooked shrimp for this easy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo Pasta, which I simply reheated gently in a skillet to use for this recipe. You can also use raw shrimp. In step 1, make sure to cook it until it is perfectly cooked.
I adore quick and simple recipes because they make my life so much easier! This shrimp Alfredo pasta dish takes only 35 minutes to prepare, but it tastes incredibly delicious and looks very impressive, giving everyone the impression that you put a lot of time and effort into it! Definitely not 35 minutes!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make delicious creamy garlic shrimp:
- For searing the shrimp, use vegetable oil.
- I used 2 pounds of jumbo shrimp, but you can use any type of shrimp or prawns. You should also use shrimp that have been peeled, deveined, and had their tails removed. To prepare the shrimp, use kitchen scissors to cut through the shell along the back. Remove the shells and tails, then rinse to get rid of the veins.
Using a paper towel, completely dry each shrimp.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- chicken stock
- a lot of cream
- Italian Seasoning
- If desired, replace the white cheddar cheese with Parmesan.
- parsley, fresh
How To Make Creamy Shrimp Pasta?
This creamy shrimp pasta recipe is so easy to make, simple ingredients, quick to make, and with a ton of flavors! The recipe requires only few steps:
- Cooking the pasta according to the package instructions
- Seasoning the cleaned shrimp with salt, black pepper, paprika, and ground pepper flakes, and cook for a minute on each side in olive oil
- Then, making the cream sauce with milk, heavy cream, tomatoes, fresh chopped parsley and garlic
- finally, add the pasta on top of the sauce with the pre-cooked shrimp and mix!
How It Tastes (It’s Crazy Good!)?
It’s essentially a spicier version of the classic Mac and Cheese. No ordinary Mac and Cheese sauce will have the same flavor as this one, which is boosted with shrimp juices AND the golden bits that remain in the pan after we sear them.
But it’s the contrasting textures in this Garlic Shrimp Mac and Cheese that I really like. In this recipe, I use 500g / 1 pound of peeled medium / small shrimp, which is evenly distributed throughout the dish. So, with each bite, you get a little savory crunch from the Parmesan breadcrumb topping, silky cheese sauce with boosted shrimp umami, perfectly cooked macaroni (no mushy mac in my book! ), and soft, succulent shrimp.
Every bite is outrageously delicious.
How To Make The Best Creamy Garlic Shrimp?
- The shrimp should be seared. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat for 2 minutes, or until it is sizzling hot. Sear the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they turn pink and are fully cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place on a plate.
- Prepare the sauce. In the same skillet, heat the butter and garlic until fragrant, about one minute. Then, for about one minute, add the wine and stir well to combine. Combine heavy cream, Italian seasoning, and white cheddar in a mixing bowl. Bring the sauce to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to stir until the sauce has thickened to the desired consistency.
- Serve. Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet and toss to coat thoroughly. Serve immediately with pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes, garnished with parsley.
Tips And Tricks:
- Stir the shrimp and garlic frequently while cooking to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Just before draining the pasta, save some of the pasta water. It’s an important part of the sauce.
- After adding the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, make sure not to let the sauce boil. It has the potential to cause the sauce to break and coagulate.
- Any size shrimp can be used. If you use smaller shrimp, don’t overcook them. They cook extremely quickly. You can use either fresh or frozen shrimp that has been thawed. Scallops work well in this recipe as well.
- Leftovers will keep for about 3 days, but you may want to reheat them with a splash of milk. The sauce is already thick, and it will thicken even more in the fridge as the pasta absorbs the liquid.
Cleaning and preparing shrimp:
Many people are afraid of shrimp; however, it is extremely simple to prepare. You can either buy frozen shrimp from the frozen section of most supermarkets or ask for fresh shrimp at the seafood counter. You can save yourself some time by ordering peeled and deveined shrimp. If you buy frozen, you will almost certainly have to peel and devein them yourself.
There are two veins in the shrimp, one on top and one on the bottom. When you buy cleaned shrimp at the seafood counter, one vein is removed but one is not. It is entirely up to you whether or not to remove the second vein. I always have. Simply run your paring knife down the vein and it will come right out.
Congratulations! The most time-consuming part of this recipe has been completed!
The difficult part is over now that the shrimp has been cleaned. The rest is so easy! Cooking time for shrimp is only a few minutes. The rest of this recipe is simple.
How To Serve Creamy Garlic Shrimp?
Serve this creamy garlic shrimp over pasta, rice, mashed potatoes, garlic mashed cauliflower, or simply on its own with crusty bread for dipping. My favorite pasta to serve this with is long and stringy pasta like linguine, fettuccine, or spaghetti.
To balance the meal, I like to serve this with roasted cauliflower, roasted garlic green beans, or sautéed garlic mushrooms on the side, or a light salad like Greek Salad or Mediterranean Chickpea Wedge Salad.
Instructions For Storage:
How to store?
Refrigerate creamy garlic shrimp in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
How to reheat?
Reheat on the stove over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes, or in the microwave, until the shrimp is warmed through. The sauce may have thickened in the refrigerator, so thin it out with a little water until it reaches the desired consistency.
Make ahead / storage:
It’s best to use my Baked Mac and Cheese recipe, which is better for making ahead. Toss the shrimp/prawns in a bowl with the olive oil, pepper, and garlic. Pour sauce, pasta, and shrimp into baking dish and continue with recipe.
Serving Suggestions for Cheesy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo:
- Green beans or broccoli, steamed
- Bread with Pepperoncini and Garlic
- Salad greens with Creamy Italian Dressing
- Cook until the pasta is al dente.
- Make use of fresh minced garlic.
- Allow the cream to thicken before stirring in the cheese.
- Before adding the cheese, turn off the heat.
- Before adding the pasta, thoroughly mix in the cheese.
- If tagliatelle pasta is unavailable, substitute fettuccine, rigatoni, or thick spaghetti.
- Freshly grated cheese is required for a silky cheese sauce. Anti-caking agents in pre-grated packet cheese can cause the sauce to become powdery. Both cheeses can be replaced with your favorite melting cheese; this is the combination I prefer. For flavor, I usually use cheddar or gruyere. And mozzarella for cheesiness and richness but a milder flavor.
- I use frozen prawns and shrimp for convenience. Thaw completely and pat dry with paper towels before using.
- Full fat milk is preferred, but low fat milk is acceptable.
More Delicious Recipes Here:
- 9 oz fresh shrimp
- 8 oz spaghetti pasta
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup mlik
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 Tsp ground red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- First, in a sauce pan put olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Add your seasoned shrimp and sauté for a minute on each side with stirring, until your shrimp takes a golden color.
- Take your shrimp from the heat and put aside.
- in the same sauce pan add more olive oil ( if needed )
- Add your minced garlic cloves, let it cook for a few seconds.
- Then add your fresh diced tomato.and cook for a few more minutes, until your tomato softens.
- Add your 1/2 cup of milk and your 1/2 cup of heavy cream and bring to boil.
- Cook your sauce for about 3 minutes on medium-high heat and then add your chopped fresh parsley on top.
- Add your grated 1 cup of good cheddar cheese and mix.
- Season the sauce with salt, black pepper, ground red pepper, paprika.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer.
- In the meantime cook your pasta according to the package instructions.
- Drain your pasta from the salted water and put on top of the sauce along with the previously cooked shrimp and mix everything on medium high heat.
- Serve immediately with some freshly chopped parsley on top!
Amount Per Serving Calories 620Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 265mgSodium 983mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 11gProtein 41g