MORE DELICIOIUS RECIPES HERE:
- 3 pound chicken wings, either party style or whole chicken wings half crosswise
- 1 tablespoon powdered baking soda Baking soda should not be used.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered onion
- 1/2 cup spicy sauce (Frank's Red Hot Sauce, for example)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Serve with celery sticks and ranch dressing.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a nonstick oven safe rack on top of a sheet pan that has been lined with foil.
In a bowl, place the chicken wings. Combine the baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large mixing bowl.
Toss the chicken in the baking powder and spices to evenly coat it.
Arrange the wings in a single layer on the rack.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy wings.
Whisk together the spicy sauce, butter, and honey in a small bowl.
Toss the wings in the sauce to evenly coat them.
With celery sticks and ranch dressing on the side.
Follow steps 1-4 for crispier wings. The wings should then be refrigerated overnight, uncovered. This ensures that they are completely dry.
I tested both ways and found that the chilled wings had a somewhat crispier texture!