Ground Chicken Burgers – These delicious, moist, and tasty ground chicken burgers! There will be no more dry chicken, and these burgers will be ready in half an hour. These ground chicken burgers are a fantastic addition to any barbecue, and they’re simple and quick enough to make for a nightly family supper. They’re perfectly seasoned, flavorful, and great for any summer gathering! These burgers may be tasteless and monotonous. These are not among them! You’ll enjoy how these chicken burger patties are juicy on the inside with crispy golden edges since they’re made with ground chicken (mince), parmesan, garlic, and a dash of dried sage. They’re juicy, delicious, filled with vegetables, and nutritious! For the best healthy grilled chicken burger dish that’s great for summer, top these amazing sweet potato chicken patties with tangy, sweet BBQ sauce, sharp cheddar cheese, red onion, and lettuce.
Grilled Ground Chicken Burgers:
Chicken burgers have a terrible reputation for being bland and dry, maybe due to their appearance on menus as a healthier alternative to hearty beef burgers. Flavorless patties, under seasoned, overdone, and dry, stuffed onto a burger bun with similarly boring burger toppings.
NO WAY IN MY WORLD!! These ground chicken burgers are bursting with flavor thanks to the use of parmesan, garlic, and sage (the secret ingredient!). They’re golden on the exterior and juicy on the inside, and no one can ever accuse them of being bland!!! A seasoned chicken breast is the quickest method to prepare Chicken Burgers. The BETTER method is to use chicken mince – it has more flavor!
- Chicken: For the basis of these burgers, we’re using lean ground chicken. Don’t use additional lean since they’ll be too dry.
- Sweet potato: Yes, you will shred a small sweet potato and put it into the chicken burger mixture.
- BBQ sauce: Feel free to substitute your preferred brand of BBQ sauce. It will help to keep the burgers juicy and delicious.
- Extra seasonings: I like to season the chicken patties with chopped onion, garlic, cumin, and a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Buns: Feel free to use any hamburger buns you like (even gluten free).
- Toppings: If desired, top these BBQ chicken burgers with sharp cheddar cheese, additional BBQ sauce, butterhead lettuce, and sliced red onion.
How To Make Ground Chicken Burgers?
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the burger ingredients and gently fold them together with your hands. Form the mixture into patties and lay them on wax paper. Make a depression in the center of each burger to ensure uniform cooking.
- To enhance flavor and freshness, I added fresh oregano and chives. Breadcrumbs, lemon juice, and mayonnaise are the key ingredients that keep these chicken burgers moist. Because this is my recipe, and obviously I can’t cook anything without garlic, there’s a clove of garlic in these burgers.
- To go with these ground chicken burgers, I made a simple yet delicious mayo. Feel free to add it or skip it! As always, you can top these with your preferred toppings.
Tips And Tricks:
- Don’t overwork the meat. You don’t want your ground chicken patties to look like hockey pucks.
- Form the patties into patties and lay them on wax paper.
- Make a small indentation in the center of each burger with your thumb to ensure equal cooking.
- Make sure to grease the grill before you start cooking so that they don’t cling.
- Using a metal spatula, place the burgers on the grill.
- Don’t have a grill? You may also cook them on a grill pan or frying pan.
Make Your Own Chicken Burgers Using This Recipe:
- What if you don’t have any ground chicken? Feel free to substitute ground turkey for the same quantity.
- Select your sauce. In these chicken burgers, I love the sweet and spicy flavor of BBQ sauce, but you could also use buffalo sauce!
- Maintain a dairy-free environment. You may remove the cheddar cheese, substitute your favorite vegan slice, or top these BBQ chicken burgers with vegan cheese sauce, green tahini sauce, or plain old guacamole.
- Paleo is the way to go. If you prefer, you can serve these healthy chicken burgers in a lettuce wrap instead of a bun, skip the cheese, and use one of the sauces listed above!
- Play around with the toppings. You may be as creative as you want with your burger toppings. Fresh avocado and tomato would be delicious as well.
How To Cook Ground Chicken Burgers On The Grill?
- Combine the burgers. Begin by combining all of your burger ingredients (minus the toppings and bun, of course). For convenience, I like to accomplish things with my hands.
- Separate the patties. Make four 1/2-inch patties out of the chicken burger mixture.
- Prepare the grill. Preheat your grill to 400°F and remove any remaining food particles from your previous grilling session.
- Make your burgers. Grill the BBQ chicken burgers for 5-8 minutes each side on a hot grill.
- Don’t forget about the cheese! Add a piece of cheddar cheese to the top of each chicken burger patty during the last few minutes of cooking. To allow the cheese to melt, cover the grill.
- Serve with a dollop of cream on top. Pile your preferred toppings on top of the burgers and serve!
How Long Should Chicken Burgers Be Cooked?
The amount of time it takes to cook chicken burgers depends on how hot they are and how thick they are. In general, 4-6 minutes on medium-high heat is about right, but it’s always a good idea to use a meat thermometer to confirm they’re safe to consume. Ground poultry must have an interior temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
When Will The Chicken Burgers Be Ready?
When the internal temperature of these BBQ sweet potato chicken patties hits 165 degrees F, they are done. I recommend using a meat thermometer to avoid cutting into the burgers and risking losing their juiciness.
Is It Possible To Freeze Chicken Burgers?
Absolutely! We enjoy cooking a large batch of chicken burgers (or any burgers!) and freezing them to enjoy throughout the summer.
To freeze, lay the chicken burger patties on a parchment-lined baking sheet and store in the freezer for 1-2 hours, or until firm. Put the patties in a sealed freezer bag, label it, and freeze for up to 3 months before cooking and eating. Ideal for summer meal planning!
Should You Make Chicken Burgers Ahead Of Time?
You may create the burger mix a day ahead of time and store it in the fridge until ready to use. Allow the mixture to come to room temperature before forming and cooking the patties.
Can You Bake Chicken Burgers In The Oven?
Yes! I prefer to cook them outside on a grill pan on the stovetop, but they may also be baked in the oven. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Can I Cook Them On The Stovetop?
Absolutely! Simply heat a nonstick pan with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Cook your BBQ chicken patties for 4-5 minutes each side, or until no longer pink.
What Should I Serve Alongside Chicken Burgers?
With our chicken burgers, we enjoy a nice assortment of summer sides! Here are a handful of our personal favorites!
- Easy Potato Salad (or, if you have a pressure cooker, Instant Pot Potato Salad!)
- Salad with Creamy Ranch Bowtie Pasta
- Salad with broccoli – a family favorite!
- Creamy Fruit Salad – great as a side dish or dessert!
- Homemade Coleslaw is superior to store-bought!
MORE DELICIOIUS RECIPES HERE:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 pound chicken breast, ground
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I used Italian flavored)
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with hamburger buns, butter leaf lettuce, tomato, avocado, red onion, and other toppings as desired.
Make the burger sauce by combining the sauce components (mayo, mustard, lemon juice, smoked paprika, and salt & pepper). Adjust the seasoning to taste.
Pre-heat your grill to medium-high heat with oil.
Prepare your toppings and chop the chives and oregano.
Combine the ground chicken, chives, oregano, minced garlic, lemon juice, breadcrumbs, mayo, and salt and pepper in a medium to large mixing bowl. Gently combine everything with your hands, taking care not to overwork the mixture.
Form burger patties one at a time and lay them on wax paper. You should be able to make six average-sized or four bigger burger patties. Make a depression in the center of each patty with your thumb to ensure equal cooking.
Cook the burger patties until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. The cooking time is determined on your grill and the thickness of the patties. My first side took 5 minutes and the second side took 4 minutes (gas BBQ).
If preferred, toast the buns for about 30 seconds on each side after the burgers have been cooked.
Assemble the burgers by putting mayonnaise on each bun and layering on the burger patties and toppings.
When the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit, it is safe to consume. To check for doneness, use an instant read thermometer. Chicken burgers that have been overcooked will be dry.
Keep any leftovers in an airtight container. They will keep in the fridge for about 3 days.
Instructions for Freezing: You may freeze patties before or after cooking for up to 3 months. To freeze, put them in a freezer-safe container between wax or parchment paper. You can also freeze them on a baking sheet and then arrange them all in a zipper bag. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating on the stovetop or microwave.
Substitutes: For the best results, stick to the recipe as written. However, the following are some popular substitutions that might work well in this recipe.
You may substitute sour cream or one egg for the mayonnaise. I haven't tried either of these, but they will aid the mayonnaise's function of binding the patties.
You may substitute all-purpose flour for the breadcrumbs.
You can make it gluten-free by using quick oats, almond flour, or panko breadcrumbs.
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g