Lemon Garlic Chicken- Lemon juice/zest, garlic, Dijon mustard, oregano, and thyme THE MOST DELICIOUS MARINADE EVER. Cooked on the grill or on the stovetop. SO VERY GOOD.
So, who am I to judge? I’d like this with crispy French fries instead of sweet potato and broccoli, but it’s wedding season. And with a simple marinade, you’ll be thinking about it all the time. Plus, in the warmer weather, you can grill these bad guys with some lemon halves for extra scorched lemon juice to serve. It’s fantastic. Lemon Garlic Chicken is luscious, moist, and delectable chicken marinated in an incredible lemon chicken marinade. This chicken dish is simple, fast, and excellent when served with pasta or rice. Dinner for the whole family. The chicken breasts stew in a skillet of lemon garlic deliciousness, and they taste just like they came from your favorite neighborhood Italian restaurant.
Lemon Garlic Chicken :
This delicious lemon garlic chicken recipe is non-seasonal and can be cooked any time of year. It may be grilled on the grill, baked in the oven, or fried in a pan or skillet.
This chicken is ideal for a hectic weeknight when you don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen. This lemon garlic chicken dish is simple, fast, and no-fuss.
We’ve tried Honey Lemon Chicken before, and although it’s tasty, adding garlic to the dish elevates it to a whole new level of flavor. The chicken is juicy, yet the skin is crunchy and sticky at the same time. And, just so you know, I’m a sucker for sticky chicken. Similar to these Sticky Thai Chicken Wings.
This is one of those dinners when you’ll see me dash into the store to get only chicken thighs because I already have the rest of the ingredients. When I have ALL of the components, I am in heaven.
The Delicious Quick Chicken Marinade:
This lemon garlic chicken is incredibly moist, juicy, tantalizing, and absolutely wonderful, as seen by the photographs.
Tender chicken thighs (deboned but skin on) marinated in garlic, lemon juice, paprika, ground cumin, chili flakes, honey, and olive oil.
The right mix of tastes bursts in every mouthful, leaving you craving more chicken!
What Distinguishes This Chicken With Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce Recipe?
Many of the same components are used, including butter, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley. Chicken broth and a generous dash of heavy cream take this chicken supper to the next level. The sauce has a wonderful creamy consistency and would be delicious mixed over angel hair pasta. The pasta-making possibilities are ENDLESS. Take a look at what I did there.
Minutes To a Savory Chicken Dinner:
This recipe almost cooks itself, giving you time to prepare a simple side dish. We like to serve the chicken over rice, orzo, or mashed potatoes, or with a side of crusty bread, because there’s a lot of sauce that wants to be soaked up. A simple salad of leafy greens or steaming green beans is also a wonderful way to balance off the dinner.
I’ve given you two alternatives for wealth. If you prefer a lighter supper, substitute milk for the half-and-half. If you want to make this chicken meal a little more upscale and exceptional, use half-and-half.
Making Lemon Chicken in the Instant Pot:
- If you wish to thicken the sauce, create a cornstarch slurry with 1 teaspoon cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water and toss in the Instant Pot. Allow to boil and thicken by pressing SAUTE.
- Frozen chicken: Frozen chicken can be used. It is preferable to defrost your chicken ahead of time, but if this is not an option, just cook the frozen chicken in the Instant Pot.
- Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken Recipe: Prepare the chicken in the same manner as described above. When it’s time to put the chicken and other ingredients in the instant pot, put them in the slow cooker first. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours, or until the chicken is well cooked. Prepare to have all of the scents in your house!
To Prepare Lemon Garlic Chicken, You’ll Need The Following Ingredients:
- Chicken: boneless skinless or skinned chicken thighs
- Garlic powder is delicious and flavorful.
- Olive oil: aids in the cooking of the chicken without causing it to cling to the instant pot.
- Butter: provides taste, aids in cooking, and gives the chicken a golden color on the outside.
- The onion adds a sweet taste to the chicken.
- Garlic cloves, either cut or minced
- Italian spice adds a lot of flavor to the chicken.
- Lemon: the zest adds sweetness.
- Chicken broth: enhances the taste and juiciness of the chicken.
- Optional parsley
How To Make Lemon Garlic Chicken?
To begin, season the chicken thighs with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
The chicken will next be browned in the Instant Pot using the sauté setting.
Searing the chicken helps to lock in those delicious flavors and gives it a crunchy coating.
Transfer the chicken to a dish and top with butter, onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon zest, lemon juice, and chicken broth.
Replace the chicken in the Instant Pot, cover the lid, and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the chicken as follows: Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Prepare the Instant Pot: Select the Sauté function (Normal setting) on the Instant Pot (I used a 6 Quart DUO) and pour in the olive oil.
- Brown the chicken: Place the chicken in the Instant Pot and sear for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. This helps to keep the fluids in and the meat soft. (Depending on the size and quantity of chicken used, you may need to work in batches.) Remove from the Instant Pot and set aside once browned.
- Seasonings: In the Instant Pot, melt the butter and mix in the onions and garlic. Deglaze the pan with lemon juice. After 1 minute, stir in the Italian spice, lemon zest, and chicken broth.
- Cook the chicken: Return the chicken to the Instant Pot, seal the lid, and set the valve to SEAL.
- Allow for a natural release for 2-3 minutes after completion, then use a long spoon to press the valve to RELEASE, then remove your Instant Pot cover.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sides and a sprinkle of minced parsley. Serve the sauce over the chicken, garnished with lemon slices if preferred.
How Do You Know When The Chicken Is Ready To Cook?
If the fluids from the chicken are somewhat pink, it is most likely not done. The chicken should be firm, not rubbery.
How Long Does Chicken Take To Cook?
It should take 8 to 12 minutes, and the meat should reach 170°F.
How Many Calories Are There?
Each serving of this dish has 430 calories.
Which Dishes Should Be Served With This Recipe?
This meal goes well with spaghetti or rice. For a nutritious and quick midweek dinner, try this recipe.
This time around, I kept things basic. Just some cooked broccoli and a salad on the side. You could always make some rice to soak up all of that sauce. Pasta with a lemon garlic cream sauce is usually a winning combination.
Chicken meals in a pan and overcoming kitchen phobias It’s just another Wednesday around here!
I served it with roasted asparagus because it’s one of my favorite spring veggies, but broccoli, zucchini, or cauliflower would all be wonderful.
This Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken is a quick and easy recipe packed with vibrant and flavorful ingredients.
MORE DELICIOIUS RECIPES HERE:
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp Mustard Dijon
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- a half teaspoon dried thyme
- To taste, season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp. canola oil
Combine chicken stock, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, Dijon, oregano, thyme, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
Combine the chicken and chicken stock mixture in a gallon Ziploc bag or large bowl; marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight, rotating the bag regularly. Remove the chicken from the marinade and set aside.
In a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat, heat the canola oil. Working in batches, place the chicken in a single layer on the grill pan and cook until golden brown and cooked through, with an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 4-5 minutes each side.
Serve right away.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 304Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 185mgSodium 441mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 37g