First of all Hi, This is my first blog post and i wanted to start it with a dessert! a delicious recipe for a lemon pie with meringue, and a homemade pie crust. Follow me along my step by step instructions for more details!
Traditional lemon pie with meringue starts with butter, flower and eggs crust and the lemon filling with fresh lemon zest and juice, butter, eggs, and sugar.
What is Lemon Pie with meringue?
a lemon pie with meringue is a sort of baked pie, served as a dessert in most cases, it is made out of shortcrust pastry, lemon custard filling, and fluffy meringue on top.
Now this is the real lemon pie with meringue recipe! it all starts with the pie crust made of all purpose flour, eggs, butter and sugar mixed all together in a mixing bowl and baked in a preheated oven at 200 C°.
For the lemon pie filling it consists of cornflour, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolks and butter brought to boil while mixing at the same time.
On the meringue part it’s pretty easy and quick, sugar and egg whites that’s all!
Finally beat the egg whites and sugar using your stand mixer until you get this fluffy and light meringue look.
As a result after all this steps you won’t be disappointed with that pie!
More Delicious Recipes Here:
- vanilla pod
- 70gr granulated sugar
- 200gr all purpose flour
- 125gr cold butter
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbs cornflour
- 85gr granulated sugar
- lemon zest of 3 lemons
- 300ml cold water
- 150ml lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 55gr butter
- 3 egg whites
- 175gr granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- First of all Prepare the pie crust, by opening the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds.Mix in a bowl the vanilla pods and the granulated sugar.
- Also Sift the flour on your working space. Cut the butter in pieces and work it by hand with flour until the until the preparation is sandy.
- Dig a small well in the mix obtained.Crack the egg and pour sugar and vanilla mix. Mix by hand all the ingredients, but without kneading them too much.
- mash the dough to make it homogeneous, then roll it in a loop, wrap it in a film and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- melt the remaining butter.Coat in a 26cm diameter pie pan with removable bottom (or 6 tart pans). garnish with dough.
- Now bake in pre-heated oven 15 minutes at 200 Cº.
- For the filling in a sauce pan, put in cornflour, granulated sugar, and the lemon zest, add water and mix until you get homogeneous consistency. gradually add the lemon juice and water, bring to a boil at medium high heat, without stopping mixing. Cook 1 minute until you get homogeneous consistency and shiny.
- Remove from heat and add the egg yolks one by one, and the butter.
- immerse the bottom of the pan in cold water to stop the cooking.
- Spread the cream on top of the pie.
- For the meringue, beat the egg whites and add gradually the sugar into the mix.
- Finally brown it with a torch, and let it cold before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 424 kcalTotal Fat 18,9gSaturated Fat 11,6gFiber 0,9gSugar 57,7gProtein 5g