One Pot Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta with grilled tomatoes, powerful mix of spices and “herbes de provence” is the perfect dish for pretty much anything!
This recipe is absolutely incredible, rich and flavorful at the same time! The cajun chicken pasta is made from chicken breasts, pasta, grilled tomatoes, spices ( smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, garlic powder,…etc) and i’ve added some herbs to the mix!
one pot creamy cajun chicken pasta
Firstly when it comes to making a pasta dish, i’m always available for it! in other words i’m a pasta nerd! Why ? because i loooove pasta! that’s why.It’s my comfort food and what makes me happy and draw a smile on my face! but this recipe is not only dedicated to pasta it’s a dish packed with chicken, cheese, and a powerful mix of cajun seasoning.
The first thing you’ll notice when you start making this dish is the incredible smell that comes out of! emmmm, So yummy! you can’t wait to finish it so you can dive into it!
What is great about this recipe is that you can pretty much use what ever pasta shape you’d like to use! For example: macaroni, rigatoni, penne, fettuccine, and so on! In conclusion there is no right or wrong about what should be or not in a cajun chicken pasta recipe, you can add your very own twist to it and it’s totally fine!
cajun spice mix or cajun seasoning is a mix of super flavorful spices originated from Acadians living in Louisiana, such as the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and the smoked paprika! it is commonly used in chicken, seafood, soups, veggies, it’s kind of a spice mix that just go well with everything!
What you’ll need to make this Creamy cajun chicken pasta
to make this incredible recipe you’ll need:
- pasta ( your favorite one ) i used maccheroni
- extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh chicken breasts
- The cajun seasoning
- fresh parsley
- cream cheese
- parmesan cheese
and if you want to make your own cajun spice mix here is what you’ll need:
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- smoked paprika
- dried oregano
- dried thyme
More Pasta and Chicken Recipes Here:
- 2 cups of your favorite pasta
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 grilled fresh tomatoes
- fresh chopped parsley
- parmesan cheese
- cream cheese ( to taste )
- 1 tsp herbes de provence
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 yellow onion
- first of all cook your pasta on high heat in a salty water according to the package instructions.
- Secondly in a medium sauce pan drizzle your extra virgin olive oil along with the butter and heat until well melted together.
- Then add the diced onion and cook for aprox 5 min.
- next add your diced cajun marinated chicken breasts ( cubes ) to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes or Cook until the chicken is no longer pink and is cooked through.
- after that add the grilled tomatoes, season everything with salt and pepper.
- once seasoned add your cooked pasta right away and stir everything gently.
- add your cream cheese at the end and mix everything. then garnish with some chopped parsley on top and grate some good parmesan cheese on top of everything. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 480Total Fat 15gSodium 840mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 4gProtein 35g