- 1 Cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted soft butter
- 1/2 Cup granulated white sugar
- 3/8 Cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Then, whisk together in a bowl.
- In a bowl mix the soft butter, granulated white sugar and brown sugar with a whisk until the mixture turns white.
- Add the egg and beat again. Then, add the dry ingredients
- Incorporate the chocolate chips using a spatula.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 325° F.
- Roll the cookie dough balls and place them on a cookie sheet or baking paper.
- Cook them 8 to 10 minutes maximum.
- Remove cookies from the oven when they appear baked only on the edges, they will harden as they cool; but should remain soft inside.
You can replace all or part of the chocolate chips with walnuts, hazelnuts or pecans.