Meatloaf Recipe – This is the finest meatloaf dish I’ve ever tried! This traditional meatloaf recipe is created with ground beef and topped with a sweet and tangy glaze, exactly like mom used to make. This is the most delicious meatloaf dish I’ve ever tried! It’s soft, juicy, and savory, and the glaze is to die for. This traditional meatloaf dish is sure to please the whole family! Learn how to prepare meatloaf by following our step-by-step directions!
In our house, we adore meatloaf, and this is the finest meatloaf recipe we’ve ever tried! It’s soft, juicy, and savory, and the glaze is to die for. Amazing Meatloaf Recipe that you can make at home. On the interior, the meatloaf is soft and moist, with a sweet and tangy glaze that adds a lot of flavor. Serve the meatloaf with mashed potatoes and asparagus as a side dish.
What Makes A Perfect Meatloaf?
I believe that utilizing lean ground beef is the key to delicious meatloaf. Many meatloaf recipes call for ground beef with a high fat level, which is an issue. The fat cooks out of the meatloaf, resulting in a greasy mess. This is not the case with this recipe!
How To Make A Delicious Meatloaf?
But, you might wonder, won’t lean ground beef make the meatloaf dry? Not in the least! The meat combination contains milk, egg, ketchup, and sliced onion, all of which help to make the meatloaf moist and flavorful.
Meatloaf On The Easy Side:
Because it can be made in minutes, this classic meatloaf is ideal for a hectic weekday supper. Only a half cup of onion has to be chopped.
I like to make this meatloaf dish ahead of time on occasion. Simply wrap the loaf pan with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator until ready to use. Then, while preheating the oven, uncover it and allow it come to room temperature. So simple!
Ingredients And Substitutions For Meatloaf Recipe:
Let’s go over the ingredients and possible alternatives for this meatloaf recipe.
- Beef that has been ground For a leaner alternative, use ground turkey for all or half of the ground beef.
- Crumbs of bread In the recipe, I show you how to create your own breadcrumbs (it’s really easy). You can also use quick-cooking oats instead of breadcrumbs, but the texture will be somewhat different.
- Onion is a kind of onion. Sweet onions, red, yellow, white, and other onion varieties work nicely.
- Milk is a dairy product. We use whole milk, but any type would suffice. The more fat there is, the better. Heavy cream and half-and-half can also be used.
- Barbecue Sauce Pick your favorite flavor. We like to use a sauce that is robust and somewhat sweet.
- Worcestershire sauce is a condiment that is used to flavor food. If you don’t have any Worcestershire sauce, just up the barbecue sauce by 2 tablespoons.
- Garlic, minced Garlic that has been freshly roasted and crushed can be substituted for store-bought minced garlic. You may also use 1 teaspoon garlic powder instead of 1 tablespoon minced garlic.
- Brown sugar that is light in color. In place of light sugar, dark brown sugar might be utilized.
Instructions for Making the Best Meatloaf:
- DO NOT OVERMIX, otherwise the meatloaf will be tough and thick.
- For easy removal of the meatloaf, line the loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving the edges hanging over the pan.
- Keep the pan juices and pour them over the sliced meatloaf just before serving.
- Allow the onion to cook completely after finely chopping it (or sauté onion before adding)
- Gently push the meat into the pan to keep it from falling apart.
- Before slicing the meatloaf, let it rest for 10 minutes.
Let’s take a tour through the stages as I demonstrate how to prepare meatloaf together.
- MAKE THE TOPPING FOR THE GLAZE
Making the glaze is the first step in this meatloaf recipe (after preheating the oven, of course). It’s a good idea to make it ahead of time and keep it away so it’ll be ready when you need it. It’s simple to prepare; simply combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl and set it aside to use later.
- WET INGREDIENTS SHOULD BE COMBINED
In a large mixing basin, stir together the wet ingredients to achieve equitable distribution throughout the ground beef mixture.
- ADD THE REST OF THE INGREDIENTS
When the wet mixture is smooth, whisk in the meat, onions, and bread crumbs until everything is well incorporated.
- TO MAKE A METAL RACK, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
Place a wire rack on a large baking sheet and cover it with aluminum foil, poking holes in it. This is how I prefer to make my meatloaf (rather than in a loaf pan). The fat may be drained off by baking it on a wire rack with holes in it (instead of getting trapped in the loaf pan). It also means that the sauce will attach to a larger surface area on the outside, which is the greatest part!
- PREPARE THE MEATLOAF
Place the meatloaf mixture in the center of the wire rack and shape it into a big loaf, about 10″ by 5″ by 2″.
Bake the meatloaf for 40 minutes, or until the top begins to color and solidify somewhat.
- BAKE/BROIL AFTER ADDING THE GLAZE
Remove the meatloaf from the oven after 40 minutes, apply the glaze on top, and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
Broil for 2-4 minutes to caramelize the top if required. This is one of my favorite things to do since it makes the top nice and crisp.
- SET APART TO COOL PRIOR TO SERVING
Allow at least 5 minutes for this simple meatloaf recipe to cool before cutting and serving.
Frequently Questions And Answers:
How Long Should Meatloaf Be Cooked?
This meatloaf is baked for 55 minutes at 350 degrees, uncovered. The interior temperature should be at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow the meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes before attempting to slice it to ensure that it retains its form.
Can I Use A Baking Sheet To Make Meatloaf?
Yes, indeed! I prefer to use a loaf pan because it evenly distributes the glaze and makes the meat more juicy. However, you may use aluminum foil to line a baking pan. Make a loaf out of the meatloaf. Apply the glaze on top. Also, bake as usual.
Why Doesn’t My Meatloaf Stick Together?
It’s possible that you didn’t use enough binding ingredients. There are a lot of breadcrumbs in this dish. It’s possible that it’s been overcooked. It just takes fifty-five minutes. Alternatively, you cut into it while it was still hot. Before slicing into my meatloaf, I always let it cool for 10 minutes.
For the past few months, I’ve been experimenting with this recipe and have made it several times. And I didn’t mind the repetition since I think I came up with the finest traditional meatloaf recipe ever.
Can Meatloaf Be Freezed?
Yes, indeed! Prepare the meatloaf, place it in a loaf pan, and glaze it as directed in the recipe. Cover the pan and place it in the freezer.
Allow the frozen meatloaf to defrost in the refrigerator for about 24 hours before baking. Then, while preheating the oven, uncover it and allow it come to room temperature.
MORE DELICIOIUS RECIPES HERE:
- 2 pound lean ground beef (85% or 90% lean)
- 1 finely chopped medium onion
- 2 eggs, big
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tbsp. freshly chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, or salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp seasoning (Italian)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- Ingredients for Meatloaf Sauce:
- 3/4 cup of ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered onion
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a 9”x5” loaf pan with parchment paper.
Combine all of the meatloaf ingredients in a large mixing bowl. To blend, whisk everything together thoroughly.
Add the meat to the loaf pan, gently press it down and form it uniformly, and bake for 40 minutes at 375°F.
To make the sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Return the meatloaf to the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes. Allow meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with the pan's baking juices.
Make sure the meat is well mixed. Because this is a wet meatloaf recipe, undermixing might result in mushy/soft meatloaf.
To take the meatloaf from the pan and place it on a cutting board, I use two thin spatulas. You may alternatively slice and serve the meatloaf right from the loaf pan, or line the pan with parchment paper to make removal easier.