Shortcrust pastry is a type of pastry often used in pies and quiche recipes. Whether it’s sweet or savory pies such as apple pies, lemon meringue pies, or chicken pies.
why would you pay for a store bought shortcrust pastry when actually you can make a better one at home? This shortcrust pastry recipe is so easy and quick to make and won’t cost you a fortune too! it’s perfect for making ahead of time and freezing it for the perfect recipe you want to use it for.
- 250 gr all purpose flour
- 125 gr ice cold butter
- 100gr powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- First of all Cut the unsalted ice cold butter into small cubes.
- In a food processor add the sifted flour, pinch of salt and mix on pulse.
- Add the sugar to the flour along with the vanilla and mix again.
- After that add your cold butter cubes to the food processor and mix for few seconds ( 30 sec ).
- Then add the beaten egg to the sandy mixture.
- Flour a working surface and shape the dough into a ball, and using a plastic wrap cover the dough and let it rest in a fridge for 30 minutes.